Skip to main content

Featured

Entry 10:FOR THE GIRLS: THE NEWBORN BUBBLE

  The "newborn bubble" is one of those things people try and explain to you before you experience it, but it never quite land until you are in it. It is the quiet, hazy stretch of time where the world feels like it's shrunk down to just you and this sweet little baby. The days blur together. Nights do not feel like night anymore. It is soft, sleepy pauses filled with dim lights, warm blankets, and the sound of gentle breathing. You feel more exhausted then you ever have before but for some reason it does not feel as heavy as you expected.  There is something beautiful about those sleepless nights. Where your house is still, the world is quiet, and it feels like you have been let in on a secret moment that belongs to only you. Rocking a baby at 3:00 am, half-awake, half-dreaming. It is not glamourous but its intimate in a way you can only understand if you have experienced it.  Then the newborn snuggles. Something that you know will not last forever but you hope they do. ...

Entry 8: FOR THE GIRLS: THE LITTLE THINGS


Some days aren’t bad, but they’re not great either. They’re just…normal. And lately, I’ve noticed how much the smallest things can shift a whole day without you even realizing it.It’s stuff you don’t really plan. Getting an iced coffee that actually tastes perfect. Hearing a song you forgot about. Finishing something you’ve been putting off and feeling that tiny sense of relief after. Even just catching a moment where everything feels calm for a second.

What’s funny is none of these things are big or life-changing, but they add up. A good day usually isn’t made from one huge moment, it’s a bunch of small ones that happen in between everything else. And when you start paying attention to them, you realize they happen more often than you think.

I think people get so focused on waiting for big milestones or “perfect” days that they overlook what’s already there. Not every day is going to be exciting, but that doesn’t mean it has to feel boring either. Sometimes it’s just about noticing what’s going right, even if it’s something as simple as a quiet moment or finally getting a break. Those little things? They carry more weight than we give them credit for.

 

Comments

  1. Hi Lauren! I really enjoyed reading this blog post because it's so true. I almost always know that my day is gonna be great when it starts off with a perfectly made iced coffee haha! I agree, it's the little things that make up our days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I love reading your blogs, especially when it's "For The Girls". As I don't have a child, I can at least relate to listening to a song that was forgotten. And I definitely agree that the little things make everything better, sometimes that's all that matters and is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reminders in this post, especially as we deal with the stress at the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts